Advertisement

Slideshow

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Kungfu Panda (2008)



Wow !! What can i say ! Watched this on Sunday night and I can truly say we have a new champion for animated cartoons. I never thought any animated cartoon could have overtook my favorite Monster Inc, but i think this one could be it. - Kungfu Panda ( 2008) !

Among some of my favorites were : Monster Inc, Toy Story, Shrek. But this one beats them hands down. If you ask me, i think it is the pure absence of those annoying songs that Walt Disney always seems to add into their movie, which often drives me crazy. These songs are nothing more than Disney's weak attempt at trying to imitate Bollywood and selling the soundtracks on CDs.

Another reason is possible the movie had none of those moral issues dilemma faced by the heros in both Shrek and Toy Story, which had been the reason Monster Inc was always my top choice, until of course today. It was a movie not only for the kids but the adults. I laughed all the way through.

This movie featuring some of Hollywood's biggest names like Jack Black, Lucy Liu, Angelina Jolie and Jackie Chan, was well worth the money to watch. The plot was a typically Chinese Kungfu plot, where a bumbling panda was chosen as the dragon warrior to defeat Shen Long ( aka the Baddie)

Though the plot was a typical plot, it was the little things in the movie which made it really funny to watch. The actors especially Jack black carried his role very well and played his part to perfection. The beauty of this movie is that you never felt it was too long nor too short. Just like what Goldilocks would say, " It was just right." The movie was well scripted and i never once felt dragged along by the movie's plot.

If indeed there was a film that was a laugh a minute then folks this must be it. I highly recommend this movie to everyone 8.5 / 10

I have included the trailer

0 comments: