Advertisement

Slideshow

Monday, June 9, 2008

The Christian Drumming King

I was chatting with Esther recently and the topic of good drummer came up. She told me she saw a video of a very good drummer. Then i was reminded of this group introduced to me by my friend Steven chow, called Tourniquet.

In the Christian Pop and Heavy metal culture. He is apparently the best drummer in the Christian circle and I think ranks among the top 15 best in the world. He is seriously very good, he writes all the songs in the group and I think its the only few Christian band that features drummers are one of the lead.

Some of their music is super have metal, like noise in the market, but that is me the non-heavy metal guy. Imagine Steve used to play this early in the morning to worship God, when we were house mates, can you imagine the racket. I seriously did not know how he do it, but i suppose God would appreciate all music.

BUT ! I must say their slow songs are EXTREMELY EXTREMELY GOOD ! Very deep lyrics - I think if you want to listen Crawl to China might be the slow album.

Anyway here is a preview of their concert and the drum solo. Ted has a video which shows him demonstrating his skill, he had a super full set of drums and he played a classical music on drums. I tried to find it but unfortunately, we are out of luck.




Watch the rhythms, beats and the technique, its serious not easy.



Hope Allen pang can be like this one day, with regular practice.

0 comments: