Advertisement

Slideshow

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Equinox - Busselton

I have often passed this restaurant whenever we visit Busselton. Situated near the Busselton jetty and besides the Simmos Ice Creamery, we heard many review about this cafe on the bay, so was usually my curiosity got the better of me.

The place was typically of any cafe restaurant, with lunch specials and regular cafe food. For starters i tried the Oyster kilpatrick for $3 per oysters. I was really hoping for some succulent, juicy and really delicious oyster but the only thing i got was a couple of limp bacon, thrown on top of the oyster with a tiny dash of sauce. For that price, it was like spending $1 million to eat bread. I think the dish should be called "I made you pay oysters"



See what i mean ? Limp BACON !!! I could cook better !!!

For the Main, we had Steak sandwich and Chicken Caesar Salad, were they good ? While I can only say it was reasonable. Not good but not bad either, the price was ok for this type of food. If they were to charge more, then I would probably blow my top. Both were below $20 if you must know.

The chicken on the salad was a little dry, seasoned with rosemary and pan fried. Like i always say, chicken breast is a dangerous meat to cook. Too long and you are eating rubber band, but if its cook right. the meat can be succulent and truly will melt in your mouth. The steak sandwich i thought could do with a dash of sauce, it was a forgettable dish. Both were i might say a 5.5 / 10






Drinks - Lemon lime bitter ! Only comment no lime !




Soy Latte - This was reasonable Soy latte is a pretty unique drink, introduced to me by my brother CHONG YEE - This guy sure can EAT !! So if you like food look for him too !!




Overall, i must add its not too bad for a cafe. Not posh but not flash either ! If you are abit hungry and need some food quick its a reasonable fare. 6/10.

1 comments:

Busselton Hotels - loved reading this article, Busselton Hotels has some more info on things to do and I had some difficulty finding a way to busselton and a place to stay to really check out what you mean't and Busselton Hotels had that. Keep up the great work ;-)