Advertisement

Slideshow

Friday, June 20, 2008

Twin Dragon Chinese Restaurant

Ok ! I know its cliche but What a find ! These little restaurant hidden in the middle the heartland of Southland suburb is like a diamond in the ruff. The place looks a litle tired and the menus were written in broken englis. When I first step in, i thought this was it ! What did i get myself into !!

Well, the first sign that I shouldn't just judge the book by its cover, is when I saw next to us a group of aunites chomping away at the the foods with such bravado that you would think they had not eaten for days ! I knew we are onto something good.

I found later that the restaurant was bought over 6 months ago and there was a new chef. I believe from the dishes, it must be a teochew chef. One thing i like a out a good chinese restaurant is when they have dishes that is not on the menu.

I am not being biased but most chinese restaurant here serve Australianize Chinese food. Lemon chicken, mongolian lamb or beef, black bean beef, honey prawn. You can almost memorise the menu, so i am always on the lookout for something unique. And this restaurant has plenty.

Every dishes we ate was something new, except the vegetable dish, so if you are out in Willeton, make sure you try it out !


Spinach Sambal - Thats not too bad



Braised Duck


Chilli Pepper Squid



Beef Brisket



Fooking Spare Rib



Overall an 8/10 for the delicious food.

0 comments: