Advertisement

Slideshow

Sunday, October 25, 2009

The mark of a leader

In every place and in every season, God often brings forth great leaders that makes a difference in our life. I can say in my Christian walk, there are a number of leaders that help shaped my christian walk and I truly believe that in this leaders I have learned some value truth that help me understand what makes a truly great leader.

The first person is Ps Jeff, one great thing about Ps Jeff is he is a genuine person. I have had the opportunity to work with him when he first went full time. It helps he has the same sense of humor as me. Really funny person but someone who is real. The one thing i have learned from him is that you must mean what you say and say what you mean. He is a no-nonsense leader who is gracious enough to allow feedback and also humble enough to accpe his shortcoming. It is not often you meet people who can be funny yet serious for God.

The seond person who shaped alot of my thinking is Ps Kong Hee. Never had a chance to work with him as we are from different church but i never cease to be inspired by his teachings. Insightful and a real man of God. What stood out for me was his willing to live by his teaching. Today he is a volunteer pastor who never take a salary from the church .

The third person is Ps Wayne Coderio, a very annointed preacher who taught me that leadership is servanthood and that we as leaders must always remain humble and that we need to be real

Here are some phases that really spoke to me : :

1. A great leader is one who is geniune and real not one who puts on a front
2. A great leader is humble and willing to accept feedback
3. A great leader will always build great leader.


But most importantly, a truly great leader will always inspires others with his life.

2 comments:

Ahem, all MY pastors are definitely in my list!

Now, let's see... Where do I start?
- Pastor Mark Varughese
- Pastor Jemima Varughese
- Pastor Ben Bishop
- Pastor Vanessa Bishop
- Pastor James Aiton
- Pastor Katelyn Aiton
- Pastor Robin Luck
- Pastor Mervin Jayaseela

And the list goes on... Heh, your list quite short ah? Hahaha! :)

Have not much chance to listen to them.. but i will if given a change...