Advertisement

Slideshow

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Asia Grand Restaurant

Going to Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand certainly has open my eyes to the world of fine wine and food. I think if there is one calling in my life, then it is to create dishes that will blow the mind of people. I did think that on this trip, i have been stirred enough in my passion to pursue this avenue of desire more intently.

There is food, good food and exquisite food fit for a king. One of my aims when going back is to start a wine and dine club, where we can start a sort of food critic corner of all the restaurant in Perth. That should be fun. Just like what i saw in Hong Kong, instead of writers and journalist writing about articles of restaurant, which sometimes i find may be biased. This club can start organizing food functions around Perth to try out different places and critic all their dishes.

I wouldn't say i am an excellent chef, but i know my food and i know my taste buds. Here are a sample of food i have tasted in Singapore



Peking Duck




Golden Mushroom wrapped in beef




Fried Udon with Peking duck meat




Pork Ribs with Bitter Gourd

Above are dishes that we ate at Asia Grand Restaurant. Generally the food is not too bad. Acceptable and some of the dishes are pretty tasty. The highlight would probably be the beef dishes and the Udon. The price is not too bad either, there were 9 of us and it cost us about $300++


If you are interested to join the new Food Club. Let me know, the official date should start soon after i return.

0 comments: