Advertisement

Slideshow

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Leaders and his commanders

Recently got to catch up with some old acquaintances and leader and learnt some great insights from them

I soon came to a realization that more often than not sometimes we leaders often ask for obedience and loyalty to be an attribute of a good follower. Being a leader myself, i have never enforce this ruling because for one simple fact, respect from my followers is not my right, it has to be earned from my life, the way i treat others, the way i show love just as christ show love to me, the way i carry myself in my daily walk with honesty and integrity. So often times we demand the people lead to show good spirit but we often overlook our own inadequacies. Leaders attract the type of followers they are. One example is the life of David and Saul. David attracted mighty people because he himself was fearless and courageous.

Title never makes anyone more superior than the others. Men gives title to men in position. But the true anointing comes from our lord. A title of a leader does not make one into a leader, God decides if we are leaders of one, ten, hundreds or a thousand. If all leaders love God, yet we are all so different in our anointing, maybe the key truth is that every level we climb in authority requires a different type of life, responsibility, character, abilities and attributes that God first require of us as a leader. From the word of spiderman : WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBLITY.

May our life reflect our love for our Lord.

0 comments: