Advertisement

Slideshow

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Karratha, here i come

Yes, i am flying to karratha today, and No, i am not intending to work there. Karratha is now the place to be if you want to earn your million fast. Looking at the pays of some of the workers there, you begin to wonder why you have to study at all.

Thats the funny thing, here in Australia, you can earn a director's pay even if you have not much education. Skill is supposedly a highly sought after commodity, where even a toilet cleaner or a "specialized"road sweeper can earn more than your average graduate. Here is australia, your parents would be proud if you are a painter, road sweeper, toilet cleaner, lollip woman, or a brick layer, but in asia these are the lowest paid workers around. Makes you wonder, which country is more developed.

I am finally going there to see the land of gold, and find out for myself why this small little village can pack such a punch where even the houses are worth over $1million, its more expensive than your typical house in perth. I shall bring photos of my expedition to this strange phenomenon.

But what can i say, if you fail in life, but still want a director salary lets say about $140K a year. There is still hope.



This property cost $1.1 million. Would you buy it and live in this remote town ?

1 comments:

I too will be relocating from Texas to Karratha in about 2 months. I have accepted a 4 year fixed term position as an Senior Mechanical Inspector. I have been googling everything I can to learn about Karratha, the locals, housing, transportation and the cost of living.

I am shocked by the pricing of housing, food and entertainment! I live in an upscale area in South Texas and only til now thought it was an expensive place to live.

Fortunately, my housing will be provided by the company. I am looking forward to the move and the change in lifestyle. My concerns are simple ones like learning to drive on the wrong side of the road!