Advertisement

Slideshow

Monday, July 23, 2007

Living a Legacy

7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

Living A legacy

When you mention your name to people, what is the first impression that comes into other head? I know of people, whose mention of their name remind of people – a drug addict, a drunk, a gambler, a good-for nothing cheat, a lazy and spoilt brat.

I know enough people whom I have been known and been called such names, I remember I was called a playboy once during my secondary school days cause I used to date many girls. They say stick and stones may break my bones but names can never hurt me…the truth is names do hurt and the legacy of your behaviour often last longer than you hope it would. It took me many years to get people to change their perception of me and it took the grace of God to transform my life.

I learned that if you really want to know what people think of you, ask a third party who don’t know you but only heard about you from someone

Saved by his grace, I choose to walk and humble my life to the God Most High, it was not easy but I wanted to be known more than just a good-for nothing person.

I choose to be a Christian and I choose to be one that pleases God. And one that shines his glory every single day.

I pray that when I die one day, the work that I do for God in this earth, will remain and my legacy could be passed on my children and to my children’s children.

For “The life we live determines the legacy we leave” – Make each day a stepping stone to greatness.

Amen

0 comments: