Advertisement

Slideshow

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Breaking the mindset

Eph 4: 22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

BREAKING THE MINDSET

I always wonder if people want to live their life in mediocrity? Sometimes I hear people saying that they do not want to change because that is the way God made them. Some even say that this is how I am and cannot change. Well if you have been thinking such thoughts let me help you to bring it into perspective.

Ask yourself one question- Do you think that you are perfect? Do you think that at this moment in life you are truly happy and blessed by God? Do you think that right now your life is an envy of everyone or do you think that at this moment you are a great person?

The problem I have learned is that no one is perfect and everyone is still trying to attain perfection. Paul in bible says 2 Cor 13: 11 Finally, brothers, good-by. Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. Therefore we should aim to be a better person

The fact is nobody wants to be a loser in life, nobody wants to study and aim to just pass, nobody wants to work in a position and would be happy in it without pay rise for the rest of their life. We have to recognise that the devil always trick us into a lull sense of satisfaction but God wants more for us.. he wants us to be the head and not the tail.

The issues has not been that we can’t do it, most of the time it is because we don’t want to do it. Maybe because we know it is not easy to change. The bible says in 1 Cor 9:27 No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. Maybe some of us are afraid of the bruises that comes with beating ones body, but the fact remain if we don’t strive to be better people then we will never be truly happy and sin often comes into our life binding us and stopping us from living our life God intended

If you want to marry … why not be the best wife a man can ever have, If you want to be a friend to someone why not be the best friend you can ever be, If you want to serve God, why not be the best Christian we can ever know. Why not breakthrough the stubborn mindset and say to yourself, I want to be the best I can ever be..

Where I used to study we have a great school motto –“The best is yet to come”. Isn’t it great if you can tell people… you know the best is yet to come from me. I sincerely hope its not the other way – “The worst is yet to come

The bible challenges us --- put off your former way of life… and be made new in the attitude of your mind. Eph 4: 22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Remember your attitude determines your altitude in life.

So what attitude we need to have – Simple tell yourselves – “I WANT TO BE THE BEST IN EVERYTHING I DO” then tell yourself – “I WANT TO HAVE THE MOST TEACHABLE HEART IN THE WORLD”

Remember unless we are willing to be teachable and learn from God and put into practice the teaching from the bible, and also learn from Godly people. Many times we will not be able to achieve something great in life. Stubbornness only seek to hinder our own personal life.

Renew your mind… tell yourself today… I want to be the best in everything I do.. the best wife, the best husband, the best friend, the best Christian…. The best father, the best mother…

Then … challenge yourself to be teachable…. And learn from people with wisdom and also from God.

THEN FINALLY YOU CAN TELL GOD AND THE WORLD 2Tim 4: 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

May God bless you to be the best in everything you do

0 comments: