Advertisement

Slideshow

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Is God your first love ?

Is God your first love?

Mark 12:30
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'

Deuteronomy 6:5
Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

Is God your first love?

This verse is one of the most popular verse among many Christians. We all know we must love the Lord but recently I gained a deeper understanding of this verse in my life.

I used to only think that i have to love God because he first love me and that if I walk in his ways, God will bless my life.
Jos 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. also in Deut 30:16 For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.

Then I finally understand why God have to be your first love, I recently have to make some choices in life, which i know if God is not my first love, it would have been difficult to make.
Many times you will not understand situations or circumstances but you just have to trust God and his eternal plan.

When i was in the midst of having to make some important decisions in my life. I asked myself in my mind - "How real is God to me, Do you really love God, Do you trust him?" And as I started to pray, God gave me a real peace and I know that my life belongs to God and God alone, that even if the world was to turn from me... God will always be my first love. And on that very day, i resolve in my mind and my heart that God will always be my first and only true love. Because He is worthy to be loved.

My friends, one day you might one day face the "Daniel situation" as mentioned in my blog yesterday, where your love will be tested and you have to make a choices in life which will determine the extent of your love and trust in God.

The truth is no one will escape this fact, we face daily decisions and the decisions in life often reflect the depth of your love for God.... Ask yourself today Is God truly the love of your life?

Have a blessed Day

0 comments: