Advertisement

Slideshow

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

The power of the holy spirit

ROM 8: 5-8 Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6The mind of sinful man[e] is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; 7the sinful mind[f] is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.

THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

Today is the last day of the week and weekend is around the corner. And weekend is the best time to spend more time with God. Wouldn’t you agree? I believe that man has 2 choices in life to live by the nature of the sinful mind or by the spirit of God. Rom 8:5-8 clearly defines the 2 nature for us.

I believe that often times though we know the right from the wrong, the good from the bad. Our mind is weak. If you can imagine with me… everyday there is a frontline battle between good and Bad in your mind. The problem is by nature man is sinful, and many times the evilness is being reinforced daily, but not so on the other side. Therefore I am always reminded that unless I reinforce the side of God daily through constant prayer and send reinforcements as well as send in God’s word on a daily basis, we will sometimes loss the battle. And do things not of God.

The good thing is though the battle is lost some days, the war is not . We just need to keep plugging into God’s spirit and pray constantly. God gave us a hint what we need to do in 1 Cor 14: 14-15 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. 15So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my mind. 15 God challenge us to pray and challenge our mind to intercede.

Jesus set us a good example on the night before he went to the cross. He spend more than an hour praying for strength so that his fleshly body could take the punishment and fulfil his purpose in life. Even God himself had to do that, what more us.

Therefore one of the best way to breakthrough the mind, and to live a live of constant victory is not only understanding the word and knowing our weakness but…. Most of all we need the power from God to fight some of the hardest battles in our mind.

The truth is there is no substitute for prayer, worship and word of God. If you want to win the war, you need to reinforce your live with the spirit and be filled constantly in the spirit of God.

Make prayer and devotion a daily part of your life.

Amen!

0 comments: