Advertisement

Slideshow

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christian Leadership and Authority

One of the very interesting topic that was often discussed is Christian Leadership. I think many leaders including myself when i first started out have often assumed the role of a totalitarian leadership. I used to assume leadership position when given require others to submit.

During my early years, leading the youth group, through the mistakes I made , i came to realise one very important fact. Even though my leaders may give me the title of a care leader or unit leader or any leadership position, it does not entail others to automatically submit. I often found that i have to win their respect and their trust and lead by example. I found that when the Lord's divine blessing is upon you, people will follow you, but if you are not ready you will often find that you have hard time trying to win people's heart and willingness. Who you are will often attract the type of followers take follows you.

Look at David, because the Lord's annointing was on him, and because he was a great leader, great men flocked to him without him having to look for them. Look at Jesus, he did not have to demand anything, people were willing to submit because they see that He was a great leader.

If you really want to know if the Lord's favour is on your life, go out and start a group all by yourself. Find your own disciple to train, find the people to follow-up, share the word do whatver you can. If after 6mth to 1 yr you can build a strong group of people who are willing to commit their life to the word. You know you are there. I think one good example was how Ps Kong Hee from city harvest started his church with only a handful of people. Today the church had more then 20,000 people.

Give it a go... you never know.

0 comments: