Advertisement

Slideshow

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Lobster Pasta and Mint Pea soup

I am no michellin star chef, still learning. So on Sat, when Vivien and Kah Sang brought over lobsters i decided to make my own Pasta. Yes thats right, i tried a new corriander flavoured pasta which i made from scratch




Mint Pea Soup served with seared scallops and truffle oil

- I saw Gordan ramsey did a cauliflower soup so i thought i would give a mint pea soup a go.
- Simple boil a bag of peas and i pour in a little chicken stock and white wine, brought it to a boil
- then put the mix through a blender and pour it over a sift to get a smooth consistency
- I seared the scallops with paprika, salt and coriander powder....
- I used a little thickened cream on the soup and use it during the serve

Verdict : nice but i thought was a little sweet for my taste. Probably need the ham or something salty to combine with the soup. I think if i had real truffle it would certainly lift up the dish





Lobster pasta

- this was really tasty. I cannot describe it but Coriander, oregano mixed in the pasta is absolutely heavenly. I would keep this combo when making my own pasta noodle once again. This would go well with seafood base

- the lobster was just boiled and then broken in half and then put into the seafood bisque sauce
- The sauce was : tomato, lobster, seafood stock, cream and prawns
- I blended the sauce and then boil it on the pot again. Brought it to a boil and put in the meat and parmesan cheese to thicken.
- On hindsight i should plate the pasta first and then pour the sauce over. It would look much nicer
- yes i used barramundi : point of note : seared barramundi with salt, paprika, corriander powder is tasty.

0 comments: