Advertisement

Slideshow

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sunday food

Recently on Sunday lunch at church i served teriyaki beef. The idea was to keep it simple and nice, i managed to buy scotch fillet beef for less than $10 a kg and i can really see why all chef says its always the ingredient.

Even if people cant see what beef i used they certainly can taste the difference. The scotch was the absolute perfect beef to use on the grill and cook with the homemade teriyaki sauce.

It was a joy to see every piece lap up and people qeueing for seconds. I wonder if i can do something more fusion the next round. I think i would like to try a leek and chicken sauce served over a bed of fragrant rice. Yum !

Also on the weekend, i did some interesting dish which i would share in my next blog. I bought Wagyu beef on the weekend and decided to invite Lydia over for the small dinner. Yum ! The menu was

Wagyu beef marinated in truffle oil, salt and sake and served with Sweet mirin & Soy Sauce
Wild Mushroom fried rice
Pea and Chicken mushroom soup

I did a fusion theme of a Japanese and Western mix. Really delicious will share my recipe so anyone can try.

0 comments: