Advertisement

Slideshow

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Dinner special

We had one of those nights again. Simple Asian food. I decided to try a local Chinese dish called Water boiled fish with Sezhuan Pepper corn which i learned from Joanne. Its a local dish they eat in china during the cold of winter. I love this dish because it is really spicy You could say it is the Thai equivalent of Tom Yum Soup. I gave some to Taishi my "son", he kept licking his tongue... but i am sure he enjoyed it.

Below are the pictures of the dishes




I think it will come as no surprise that this soup is very spicy.. but i really love it. It simple to do and all you need is sezquan pepper corn, chilli oil and nice fish stock.




This is ginger fried chicken. I had a sudden craving to cook some of my childhood food, so i recreated this fried chicken using ginger as the base. Its actually very tasty. You can also use garlic.





And of course sizzling japanese beancurd ... the perenial favourite in our house.




This dish is what my wife ordered so i had to make it. Paw Paw salad... i think i am getting good at it, it was hard to get the mix of the sauce right - the key ingredients are : lemon, palm sugar, chilli, fish sauce.




It was an enjoyable meal.... finally get to cook water boiled fish.....

2 comments:

Bro,

Your cooking skills has indeed improved vastly from D- Maggi Mee to this! Very impressed with the Sichuan Water Cooked Fish.

Li hai li hai =)

thanks... hopefully when you are in perth invite you over to eat... name your dish...