Advertisement

Slideshow

Thursday, August 16, 2007

The mind of a champion

Was listening to a sermon from Chuck Swindoll and was thinking about sports and competition. Somtimes as people we often see sports and competition as something nothing more than extra curricular activity. But looking back, I see that actually sports and competition often helps develop characteristics of the mind of champions.

I think people who excel in sports and are leaders in their sports field or competition often if committed to Jesus would become great Christian.

People who have been trained for competition would understand these verse and what it means to win the prize. That is why when people who have walked this path would probably develop the characteristics necessary to become great christian if they decide to run this race with the Lord.


1 Cor 9:24-25

24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.