Advertisement

Slideshow

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Forest Leong's Dinner

This trip to Singapore reaped some great rewards in terms of great eating out places. My uncle booked a private dinner with Forest Leong. She is the wife of Sam Leong the Singapore celebrity chef.

Forest is also a trained chef and apparently a French trained, but tonight we decided to try her thai food to see if it measures up.

I must say i was firstly impressed with her place. Below is some photos




Sam and Bill Clinton





The dinner party





My cousin... nice house too i must add.. very neat





Dinner setting


Our dinner started off with typical thai snack and Lemon grass drink .. taste nice. Something i would add to my book

Our first dish




This is an interesting starter - coconut, ginger, peanut, onion, chilli on a lettuce leave.




Tom Yum Gung not too bad, but not spicy enough for me. My uncle ask her to cook mild.. what a waste. Would like something to hot blow my mouth



Lemon grass chicken - This was nice would try this .. abit like Gai yang but was more moist



This 2 were my least favourite - not a fan of green curry but my Cousin love this. Fish was ok







This was more chinese though - Oyster mushroom and chinese veg.




I love this desert - Coconut and pumpkin, with black rice pudding.. that was delicious. I must try this one day. I am sure i can perfect this.

Overall the dinner was a good experience. And something i would do again but this time i would like to try french food.

2 comments:

wow, that is interesting ...i would love to do that for my upcoming wife's birthday.
is it possible i get the contact from you and how to go about arranging for this???

sorry my contact email is garytansy88@yahoo.com.sg appreciate your help soonest