Advertisement

Slideshow

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

10 places i would love to visit before i die

I was hearing a sermon by Kong Hee about engaging the marketplace and was really intrigued by some of the places of culture mentioned in his sermon. I felt abit nostalgic and wanted to see the world before i die. Its sort of like my bucket list

And if i have my wish here will be my Top places to visit

1. El Bulli - This is one place i would like to eat before i die. Its been the Top restaurant in the world 3 years running and have one of the most unique dishes. Reservations are booked years in advance . I must sample their food, apparently the food is served according to the music, the ambience. The whole dinner is like a symphony, where a invisible maestro pulls all the different senses together to leave you with an unforgettable night



2. Guggenheim museum - I would love to see the renowned Museum in Bilbao, Spain. The new Guggenheim Museum Bilbao by Frank Gehry was probably the most often mentioned new building of 1998 and 1999 in architecture circles. The composition continues a curvaceous, free-form sculptural style that has become a Gehry signature. The abstract, free-form components of this style were present in the early Gehry House, and a similarly sleek curvaceous cladding was displayed in the sculptural fish of the Fishdance Restaurant.





3. Church of the Holy Family- Would love to visit the Church designed by Gaudi in Barcelona Spain. I think its really one of those building that will take your breath away. When Gaudi desgined the church, it was either sheer madness or genius. This building took more than 100 yrs to complete.

4. Visit Disneyland in Florida .... its every Kids dream and mine too.....

5. Sit the Gondola in Venice..... yes... having watched so many romantic comedy, the Gondola sense is something i would love to experience

6. Walk the great wall of China and visit the forbidden place. Since i am a chinese, i should make a trip to China to get this out of my wish list

7. Theatre of Dreams - YES, who can miss out visiting my favourite team's home ground at Old Trafford. If i had my way, I would have love to study in England. But it was not to be

8 Visit Paris and the Eiffel tower - I am a romantic ... so i cannot leave this out

9 Pyramid of Egypt - Yes ... who can forget Lawrence of Arabia...

10 Visit Israel and see the place and birth of Jesus and the disciples. I know City harvest have an Israel Tour ... would not mind going if i ever have the chance.

11. My last but not the most likely is to climb Mount Everest...

So this sort of my bucket list.. i would be happy once i accomplish visiting all these places. We should all make a bucket list of places so life can be more fun. Kong Hee is right God gave human creativity and things we create sometimes help us to appreciate God even more.

Listening to Cultral.. Mandate.....

4 comments:

among these places on ur wishing list, i hv only been 2 places which are No. 6 and No.9. singapore used to be on my wishing list and this little dream came to be true this June......and my other places wanna be includes Dubai, Germany, France and Japan.....jialin

Thats nice ... hopefully you will get to see all the places you want ..in your lifetime

Out of your list, #2, #3 and #6 definitely are well-worth doing. As for #8 I find it over-rated.

Lijiang and Wuzhen in China are breath-takingly amazing... you'll feel like you're back in the Dynasty age =)

Good luck!

Really ? mmmmm maybe i should reconsider....you have not blog for awhile... still in Singapore ?