Advertisement

Slideshow

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The new book

I have been wanting to write a book about some of my ideas. And would like to share some of my inspiration in the blog and provide some excerpts from a book I am planning to write. …Recently i have been asked if i would like to help pioneer a church in Joondalup. Though it may have sounded exciting, there are a lot of things that needs to be considered. One thing I have learned is that Christian life is a marathon and not a sprint. There is always a very fine and delicate balance in building ones spiritual life and trying to outrun God’s plan in my life.

Some wise person once told me… that as a Christian we must never try to run ahead of God cause that is the one main reason for burnout in our life. Many times we try to dictate our own spiritual life instead of allowing God to show us step by step how He plans to prosper us. I hope in the course of the book and blog I could share some of my insights.

There are often 2 extreme to building one’s spiritual life. One path says that we should only serve when we are ready, while the other says that we need to keep serving then we can keep growing.

While I for one would prefer to take the balance and middle road. We should serve to grow but we should tamper that with wisdom in our pursuit of stronger spiritual life, there are times when we should run, there are times when we should wait, there are times when we should build. Ecc 3:1 is a good verse. Pray and test everything. God has a plan and a time for everything under the sun

For example :

You cannot expect to challenge a new convert to lead and be a leader in just a couple of months.. even the bible says so in the book of 1 Timothy 3:6 when timothy was citing the criteria for leadership in the church - 6He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil.

Many in their zeal ran the race but many have also fallen and have disqualified themselves in the race. Zeal tampered with pearls of wisdom from the bible will benefit many of us in our walk with God.

I really do believe one of the hardest aspect in our Christian walk is trying to balance our life so that we can grow from strength to strength in our walk with God.

But one thing we cannot discount is that everyone runs at a different pace, and that ultimately whatever you can finish the race is how you run the race. The key is to make sure that at the end of the day, you will be there at the finishing line.

It’s not how fast you start but how you end the race which counts, no one is responsible for your life expect you yourselves. And only you know how fast you should run at this current point in your life

In my next blog… I hope to share some of my ideas as to how the bible can benefit us practically. ….. Part 1 – Understanding true vision

0 comments: