Advertisement

Slideshow

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Adam’s Lambert lost was a blessing in disguise.

Adam’s Lambert lost was a blessing in disguise.

I have been following idol for the entire season and I must say in terms of vocal ability Adam Lambert beats the entire contestant hands down. Theatrical or not, if its based on singing range, Adam has the gift, for as long as I can remember, I have yet to find someone who could actually own a Michael Jackson until Adam came along with his take on Black or White.

In fact, the one reason Adam lost was because mathematically he would be voted out, from the time Danny Gokey got kicked out. I knew for sure Danny’s fan will choose Kris over Adam. For Adam, its either you like his style or just simply hate it. Kris won not because he was a better singer or artist, he won because there are also a big bunch of people who would rather see Kris win than Adam because of the preferential treatment given to Adam.

Personally I read some comments which does makes sense, its not important that Adam did not win because if he did , he would probably have to sing the crappy idol song and cannot choose the style he wants to sing. Now since he is not the winner, I am sure record labels will be queuing for his signature.

To me a sign of a great artist is the itune download, if indeed Kris fan’s are plentiful and willing to spend the money to buy his songs. Then its interesting to see that the Top 10 itune download for idols, 8 of them were Adam Lambert’s songs. So it tells me that Adam’s fan really love his music and are willing to spend money to buy his songs.

I for one will be waiting in anticipation for his CD, and those of Danny and Allison … but Kris… mmmm… will leave it to the teeny bopper.

0 comments: