Advertisement

Slideshow

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Quick DVD updates

Been watching a number of new releases lately. Here are my recommendation

A couple of movies were a surprise hit with me

1. Wedding Daze - Good comedy.
2. Confession of a shopaholic - Not too bad, I think it was done in Chinese before by Sammi Cheng. This is the English version

Watchmen - This movie is abit like Sin City style kind of movie, so if you dont like Sin city then this movie is not for you. But I do like the theme of the movie though. Its always fascinating wondering about the moral theme of Necessary Evil. I learned that in University, but to see it in practice ... it would be interesting.

" Kill a million to save a billion "

One country that did this really well is Singapore. Our ex prime minister Lee was ruthless in dealing with the communist party and those who set to destablise Singapore. But in the same time he makes sure the people in Singapore are well taken care of. If singapore had gone down the British path, I do not think Singapore will be where we are. Maybe we will be like Fiji, havng to fight coup after coup.

I recently read with great amusement of the British law, they are so into human rights that they would give welfare to Islamic militant who preach hate message on the country that feed them. Its like biting the hands that feeds you. I do think Britian has to make do with Human rights ideology and take a leaf out of Prime Minister Lee. Maybe if they watch the movie Watchmen, they will understand that sometimes Human rights is universally applicable.

I think.. that is what makes Watchmen such an interesting show to watch. I am fascinate by the theme the movie was a little dark i must add. But a very ineresting theme.

1 comments:

no, the chinese version of shopaholic one was acted by Nicholas Tse's wife, forgot her english name.Cecilia or something......jialin